“Magic Monday” posts help you start the week off right. Monday is a great day to review and regroup; if you set your mind to it, you can make this your best week yet. Thank gosh it’s Monday!
Well, I wasn’t on vacation this week (hahaha I wish), but there certainly is a lot of great information out there for people who are trying to get back in the work swing of things after some well-deserved time off. (This advice also works if you’ve been away from something for a while, which is very helpful in my case.) Here are some articles on the topic that may interest you:
- How to Ease Back into Work After Vacation (wikiHow)
- Getting Back to Work Groove After a Vacation with These 6 Tips (Productive Superdad blog)
- Being Productive After a Vacation (Being Human blog)
And before you decide that getting back to work after a vacation seems like a lot of work, and that next time you might not take a vacation, don’t forget that vacation is good for you:
- Unlimited Vacation Doesn’t Create Slackers—It Ensures Productivity (Fast Company)
- Do Vacations Increase Employee Productivity or Completely Annihilate It? (East Ridge Printing blog)
- Relax! You’ll be More Productive (The New York Times, Opinion Pages)
- Want Decreased Healthcare Costs and More Productive Employees? Send Them on Vacation (Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick)
- Vacations Help Job and Health, but Americans Skip Them (ABC News)
- The Case for Vacation: Why Science Says Breaks are Good for Productivity (The Atlantic)
And a bit of a funny: A slightly sarcastic (and rather candid) away message breaks the mold. (I also got the image for this post from this article.)
Hope the rest of your week is happy trails and sunny skies.
Do you feel more productive after a vacation? Have you worked for a company that has an unlimited vacation policy?